Six home improvements that will pay off.
Real estate prices are on the rise. It could be a good time to get your house ready to sell. Here are a few things that you can do that have a great ratio of cost to benefit.
- Landscaping improvements. What is the curb appeal of your house? The saying that you never get a second chance to make a first impression holds true for your home as well. At a minimum make sure that the plants and lawn are trimmed and edged. Your yard must look as good as and preferably better than your neighbors' yards. It's also amazing the difference that some fresh flowers in a planter can make.
- Paint. If your house is all neutral colors consider an accent wall. If you have a lot of brightly colored rooms, consider repainting in neutral colors. Ideally your house should be mostly neutral colors so that prospective buyers don't feel that they are going to need to spend a lot of time painting. An accent wall or two will help offset the drabness of an all beige home.
- De-clutter. Remove objects from countertops, desks, coffee tables, and end tables – especially personal items. Remove pictures, and items from bookshelves and wall shelves. Remove family pictures or personal items.
- Clean-up and touch up. Don't forget to clean windows inside and out. Paint and touch up molding. Fill cracks. If necessary hire a professional to make sure all the little things that need fixing are taken care of. You should not have any leaky or corroded faucets or fixtures.
- Accessorize. A few dollars spent on colorful new throw pillows, bed covers, and duvets can make a huge difference in the overall appeal of your home.
- Consider kitchen remodeling. You may be able to realize the biggest increase in the value of your home, if you can budget for a new kitchen. Even if all you can do is replace the white or black appliances with stainless steel, potential buyers will consider this a big plus. If your neighborhood is full of homes with standard white and black appliances, think of the positive impression that you will make on potential buyers. They've been looking at standard appliances all week, and then they see your house with upgraded stainless steel appliances. SOLD!!
For advice and ideas on appliance upgrades that won't brake your budget, check with the experts at Arizona Wholesale Supply. Don't forget that they also have a huge inventory of closeouts and discontinued models, that might work well to upgrade your kitchen.