The great debate for getting dishes clean
Should you use dishwasher detergent powder or pods
I’ve done some research on this subject and have expressed my opinion in the past. That’s all about to change.
Reasons to use dishwasher detergent powder:
- It’s less expensive to use powder than it is to use dishwasher pods.
- Users can control the amount of detergent based on the size of the dishwasher load. It makes sense that if the dishwasher is only half full, you wouldn’t want to use the same amount of detergent, but the pods are one size fits all.
- When the detergent pods are dispensed from the soap dispenser they can easily fall behind a cup or dish where they won’t get the water spray that causes them to dissolve. Failure for dishwasher pods to dissolve is probably the number one complaint that users make regarding pods.
Reasons to use dishwasher detergent pods:
- The pods are very convenient: no measuring, and no spillage.
- Detergent pods are dispensed from the dishwasher just like the powder is, but unlike powder, the pods dissolve over time providing a continuous supply of detergent through the cycle for cleaner dishes.
- Recommended not just by the detergent companies, but also by the major dishwasher manufacturers, AND Consumers’ Union.
The Appliance Guru Recommendation
In the past, I’ve held the view that while pods are money makers for the detergent company, the powder gives the user more flexibility and costs less. However, I cannot escape the reality that the pods seem to do a better job. After conversations with users, personal observations, and reviewing the testing of CU, I have become convinced that pods are the better choice over dishwasher detergent powder.
HOWEVER, I am adamantly opposed to the pods being manufactured in multi-colored packets that small children perceive as candy. I know that parents should keep chemicals away from their kids, but I still can’t see why detergent manufacturers have to make their detergent appear to be edible.
P.S. Chemicals are one small part of getting clean dishes. Call or visit the experts at Arizona Wholesale Supply for advice on the best dishwashers to choose for your new home or kitchen remodel.
For more information call or visit the experts at Arizona Wholesale Supply .
Appliances, floor coverings, window treatments, and more
Phoenix 602 258-7901, Scottsdale 480 596-0092, Tucson 520 795-4663