What is a builder distributor? Why should you care?
Answers from one of Arizona's Largest.
Production home builders, custom home builders, architects, designers, and other members of the construction trade need wholesale builder distributors for much of their supply chain in order to complete their projects on budget and on time. But WHAT OR WHO IS A BUILDER DISTRIBUTOR? To answer this question, we've created a checklist. To really be a builder distributor, your supplier should be able to meet most, if not all, of the criteria on the checklist at the bottom of this page.
QUICK TIP: One test to assess whether a firm fits the description of a contract distributor is to find out how the company describes itself. Look for clues in their name such as words like wholesale, distributor, builder, contract, supply, or supplier in the company name. Check the About Us heading of their webpage. You may be surprised to find that there are some leading so called distributors in town with websites that don't mention their connection to the contract side of the business.
Check the Arizona Wholesale Supply About Us page by clicking on the image below:
Builder Distributor Checklist:
- Offers products and brands that the contractor or trade professional needs.
- Maintains a warehouse facility to store and distribute products.
- Has a fleet of trucks and drivers dedicated to delivering the products to the jobsite.
- Employs trained installers.
- Has billing capabilities.
- Provides adequate showrooms open to the trade.
- Can supply references from other contractors.
- Member in good standing of key builder organizations: HBACA and/or SAHBA.
- Works with the design community where applicable NARI, ASID, NKBA, etc.
- Has a dedicated outside sales staff.
Don't make it hard on yourself by having a haphazard and ill-conceived supply chain. Review this checklist and assess your business relationships with your suppliers. Make sure you're trade partners have the capabilities that you need for the future and are a good match for your business model.
Call or visit the professionals at Arizona Wholesale Supply to find out how they can serve your business needs.
Appliances, floor coverings, window treatments, and more
Phoenix 602 258-7901, Scottsdale 480 596-0092, Tucson 520 795-4663