Selling your Home? Make Your Appliances Ready for the Buyer
Tips from Arizona Wholesale Supply
When selling a home, built-in appliances such as the range and dishwasher convey with the house since they're attached. However, the washer and dryer and freestanding refrigerator do not go with the deal unless they are specifically written into the agreement. These days though, it is very common for the buyer to request the refrigerator, washer, and dryer as part of the sale.
If you are selling your home, here are a few things you should do to make you appliances “buyer ready”.
1. Gather up your instruction manuals and, warranty cards, and put them in a binder for the buyer or leave them in a kitchen drawer.
2. Check for accessories and parts that go with the appliances and make sure that you leave them behind for the buyer. These include:
- Oven temperature probe
- All included oven racks
- Broiler pan. Some manufacturers no longer include broiler pans with their ovens. If this was the case, and you purchased your broiler pan separately, you should take it with you because you may need it in your new home.
- Refrigerator water filter plug. If your refrigerator has a water filter, there should be a plug that replaces the filter if no water filtration is desired. Leave this with the refrigerator.
- Microwave oven racks and any included microwave cooking vessels.
- Dryer rack.
3. Clean the dryer filter AND the dryer duct. Dryer ducts can fill up with lint and are a leading cause of home fires.
4. Clean the oven. This is often neglected. Check our videos below for tips on cleaning your oven.
5. If the buyer is not moving in immediately, leave an open box of baking soda in the refrigerator, and pour a half cup of white vinegar in the dishwasher sump.
For more appliance use and care videos click on the link below:
For expert help on appliances and more for your new home visit the professionals at Arizona Wholesale Supply.
Appliances, floor coverings, window treatments, and more
Phoenix 602 258-7901, Scottsdale 480 596-0092, Tucson 520 795-4663